Sunday, September 23, 2012

Triple Threat: Valentino, Ballet and SJP








For me, there's nothing better than being able to dress like a chic-inista and go to a phenomenal arts performance or gala of any kind. So imagine my joie de vivre - jealousy really - at seeing the photos of the total chic-fest that was the New York City Ballet Gala held some nights ago. As expected, the event was chock-full with iconic designers and fashionable celebrities and editors of all generations, including the likes of Anne Hathaway, Carolina Herrera, Chloe Malle and of course the co-chair, SJP!

Although the New York City Ballet's audience caught my eye, it was the actual ballerinas who captured it - most importantly their costumes. Having danced ballet since I was just a lil tot, and performing in shows etc, the thought of being able to wear black and white or berry coloured tulle costumes and tutus - designed by Valentino Garavani himself - killed my soul. Don't get me wrong now, if I had actually been able to wear the couture costumes my heart would have melted, but instead I watched other, perfect ballerinas wear them. I might need a moment.

Witticisms aside, Valentino's costumes really did take my breath away, and even after looking at them for the millionth time they still inspire me. There's just something about the fabric, the tiers, the ruffles, the B/W, the berry colours. There's simplicity and complexity in the details amalgamated to form 16th century perfection.

Brooke

4 comments:

  1. Hey! I found your blog via IFB and I think it's so nice!
    I really love as well Valentino ...
    Following you on bloglovin( couldn't find the follow GFC button)
    Here is my blog , hope you can take a peak and maybe follow ^^
    http://from-brussels-with-love.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following my blog :) I've checked out yours and I absolutely love the photo's you put up - they're so well picked and beautiful. I'm following you know ;)

    Grass and Lemonade x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Glad to see that you fixed your button ! ^^
    Following you now

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow what a great great blog and post!! Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog recently and thank you for following!
    Follow back :) hope you can follow me on bloglovin too: http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/3755891

    love, Theri

    ReplyDelete

I LIKE PRETTY FEEDBACK